Eggplant Quinoa Roast
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 350 g eggplant cut into 8 thick slices
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 125 ml water
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh root ginger
- 200 g quinoa washed
- 1 large red pepper cored, seeded and sliced
- 2 zuchinni coarsely grated
- parsley sprigs to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C/350 °F/gas mark 4. Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan and cook the aubergine slices until browned. Arrange them in a single layer in a baking dish. Combine the tamari, lemon juice, water and ginger and pour over the aubergine slices. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Turn the slices over and cook for 10 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Place the quinoa in a large pan with double its volume of water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until tender. Drain if necessary. Add the red pepper and courgettes to the sesame oil remaining in the frying pan and sauté until soft. Add the quinoa, mix well and spoon over the aubergine. Press down well. Return to the oven and cook for 5–10 minutes. Serve hot, garnished with parsley sprigs.