This is an amazing lentil pasta recipe from one of my favorite food blogs Pick Up Limes. You will love it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 vegetable boullion cube
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix (or oregano and basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 3 cups pasta sauce
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cup cooked brown lentils, drained
- 1/2 cup marinated olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes from a jar, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 cups spinach
- In a large pot on medium-high heat cook oil, garlic, onion, bouillon cube, Italian seasoning, and red chili pepper flakes for 2-3 minutes. Add splashes of water as needed to deglaze the pot.
- Add the pot 2 cups (500 mL) water along with the pasta, pasta sauce, cherry tomatoes, lentils, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and capers. Bring to a gentle simmer and partially cover with a lid. Cook for 10-15 minutes on medium heat until pasta is al dente. Check on it every few minutes to stir to ensure nothing sticks to the bottom or burns.
- When the pasta is al dente, add the spinach and reduce to a wilt. Serve it generously into some bowls, top with some freshly sliced basil leaves, and enjoy!